Caution: Use white opaque toothpaste, not the gel one.
Out of the box uses:
- Face cleanser and mask: Dilute the toothpaste in water and apply a fine paste on full face for 20-30 min. Wash off with luke warm awter to feel clean, fresh
- Antiacne: Toothpaste can also be applied overnight as spot treatment only on acne. It helps by drying out acne but can be irritant to skin.
- Soothening: for burns, bites, blisters and sores. Toothpaste gives immediate relief as well as speeds up healing in many inflammatory and allergic skin conditions.
- White shiny nails: Toothpaste used with brush and water is excellent for cleansing the nails expecially the underside which can get stained due to food etc.
- Hair styling: Yes transparent gel toothpastes can be used on hair to stay in place instead of hair gels.
Should toothpaste be used? why not. It is cost effective , available everywhere in plenty and in all seasons and is highly effective. However in case of acne, for a single acne one could apply it with a toothpick on acne itself. But use liberally it can dry out and irritate the skin. Chronic severe acne must not be allowed to be treated by toothpaste and must be consulted by dermatologist at earliest.