Summers make you more prone to heat stroke and sunburn, and it can also do long term damage to skin including premature aging. Regardless of your skin color (yes, even black skin can get sunburned!), you need to protect your skin. Here are some tips for summer skin care:
1. Sun protection: Remember sunscreen is not just the one you apply. You can even eat your sunscreen!! Surprised aren’t you ? Well there are oral sunscreen ( heliocare / Hydralife) which contain polypodium leucotomos. Additionally, use a sunscreen SPF at least 30+. Apply 20 minutes before you go into the sun to allow your skin time to absorb it.
2. Wear broad-rimmed hats, umbrellas, light colored clothes and UV protective sunglasses when in the Sun.
3. For those in dry places, excessive heat added with dry winds, overheat the body and it’s the face that suffers the most. The delicate tissues get damaged and the skin pores get clogged leading to a rough, premature and dry skin. Exfoliation once a week will help. Mix gram flour, lemon juice, mint leaves paste and curd to form a past and gently rub on face and wash off.
4. Hydration: Keep the skin hydrated from inside as well as outside by drinking lots of water and fruit juices as well as using lotion based moisturizers at night.
5. Exfoliate: for a clearer smoother skin. Use a mild scrub according to your skin type and use a toner and moisturizer immediately afterwards.