The 14th of February, traditionally celebrated as Valentines Day is fast approaching. And couples around the world are planning to surprise their valentine and definitely to put their best face forward. If you still haven’t decided what to do to your skin to get that extra glow, it’s high time you put on your thinking cap and rush to your nearest skin care clinic. You might be late but then there are always quick fix solutions for your skin that you can get into and greet your valentine with a clear, radiant and sparkling skin.
Here is your guide to skin care for this special occasion:
- Antipollution skin care: Exfoliation and hydration is a rule to have a flawless, smooth and supple skin and more so in the younger ages. But the frequency of exfoliation will depend further on your skin type as well as the environmental conditions. More in places like Mumbai and more frequent for those who face the direct pollution. However, it has to be gentle so that it does not harm the protective layer of skin.
Home remedy: Scrub of besan (gram flour) mixed with a few lemon’s drops and rose water.
Professional Tip: Having a relaxing Anti-pollution clean-up or facial (depending on your skin type) the previous day will get you all the glow that you are looking for.
- UV protection: Thanks for all those troubled by UV damage, here is good news. You can eat your SPF now. Heliocare, Hydralife, O-screen are oral sunscreens to be consumed daily morning. In addition, use a good quality sunscreen of SPF at least 50 (Z Screen) on your skin before stepping out. For those working for long hours in front of computer, use a sunscreen mixed with a moisturizer for your skin.
- Dark circles. Vitamin C and Vitamin K serum massage for the under-eye area at night for 3 – 5 minutes is a good remedy. Active ingredients like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Caffeine, kojic acid, liquor ice, hydroquinone, azelaic acid etc are good lightening agents to be used alone or in combination, for use at night.
- Stay relaxed: Are those wrinkles or expression lines on your forehead or around eyes bothering you? It’s the time you gift yourself a Botox shot to erase away those wrinkles from your face which have bothered you always. It takes just 3-5 minutes to do this and you can enjoy a pleasing wrinkle free face.
- Smoking has been the greatest enemy of a good skin since ages. The toxins released not only makes your skin dull, dark and lifeless, but also sets in wrinkles early causing premature aging. It stains the teeth as well. Smokers are at a greater risk of sun damage on their skin as well. Vitamin C high doses as well as IV infusion are a great way of increasing lung surfactants.
- Zit pop out: It just happens once a month and in case today is the day for that nasty acne, don’t worry. Apply 5% benzoyl peroxide gel at night. Else get it injected by your friendly dermatologist and your acne will clear in hours.
- Face and body mask: Make a pulp of the ripe papaya and a few drops of lemon and apply this on the face and the entire body and leave it on for 30 minutes. The treatment of papaya along with this should be done every alternative day and at least 1-week days before valentine day as this will help the skin polish and glow.
- Hair mask: As a nourishment for the hair, take a cup of coconut milk, 1 yolk egg,1 tsp of any conditioner, 4 drops of lavender oil. Beat well and apply this to the entire hair and scalp. Keep on for 30 minutes and rinse off with a cold rinse. You need not shampoo if the hair texture is dry as this treatment will not smell because of the lavender oil. If you need to shampoo, then take just half tsp shampoo, dilute it in a tumbler of water, beat it well until foamy and run this through the hair and rinse off with fresh clean water. Avoid using hot air of the dryer. Instead use cold air to avoid damaging your hair.