– by Dr. Apratim Goel, MD, DNB, FAGE, Cosmetic Dermatologist & Laser Surgeon | CUTIS.In
Animals are very sensitive to colors of holi and so must be kept away from colors, as holi colors can be very toxic to the animals.
- Among animals pets are much safer as they usually stay at home indoors and are less exposed to harmful colors as opposed to the stray animals who come across many more toxic chemicals
- Animals have a habit of licking the color from their skin and fur and so they suffer from deadly gastric intestinal side effects like loose motions, vomiting and infections.
- The colors get stuck in their fur and can cause rash, dermatitis, itching, blisters, oozing skin, as well as skin infections.
- In case colors enter the eyes, it can cause allergy which can even cause blindness.
- Remedy: wash the color off with normal shampoo and do not scrub or put anything else. Consult a vet if the animal behaves strange or very agitated or there are visible skin rashes.