Introduction: Post new year parties and vacations, we all face the after effects like dull dry skin, under eye circles, sunken cheeks and patchy skin. Some of us just have vague symptoms like facial swelling, feel tired, stressed and low. In addition to the festive insult, cold and dry winter winds ravage your skin, you must be ready with your army of moisturizers, cold creams and cleansing milk to retain the glow of your skin in winter.
Tips to beat winter skin woes –
- Swap your soaps and foaming cleanser with a rich, creamy, hydrating cleanser. Soap and detergents strip essential oils from your skin.
- Though exfoliation is needed, over exfoliation may lead to dry, cracked skin. Use a gentle scrub just once a week.
- . moisturize.. moisturize – Apply a moisturizer liberally! Not just for the face, but the whole body. Take short warm showers, not long hot showers and apply moisturizer immediately after shower.
- You can also exfoliate, infuse active ingredients for rejuvenation and oxygenate by doing the hydrating synergy and oxygeneo facial at Cutis skin solutions
- Sunscreen is not just for summers. Wear SPF even during winters. You can also take oral sunscreens for maximum sun protection.
- Cutis skin solution offers a winter special facial called French facial. French facial involves use of paraffin wax which leaves the skin soft, supple and hydrated.
- Don’t forget your hands and feet. Feet tend to dry and develop cracked feet. Use a moisturizer, cover with socks overnight.
- Avoid frequent washing of hands and moisturize with hand creams frequently
- Dry, chapped lips are common in winter. Always carry a lip balm rather than licking lips that will further aggravate the condition.
- Shampoo-conditioner-serum for hair. If you tend to get dry frizzy hair during winters, avoid frequent washing of hair. Use good hydrating conditioner. Use luke warm water to wash your hair. Use a good deep conditioning hair mask to make your hair manageable and frizz free
- If you are using AHA or retinol based antiageing products, it may irritate dry skin in winter. Switch to lower dose or reduce the frequency of application. Consult your dermatologist for this.
- Achieve toned skin by doing the skin tightening treatments at cutis skin solution.
- Use a hydrating mask twice or thrice a week. Leave for 20mins and wash
- Some home remedies –
- Mash a ripe banana, as well as a ripe papaya and mix both of them thoroughly. Apply the mixture evenly on your face and wash after 20 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of good quality olive oil to your bathing water. This also helps to keep your skin hydrated.