Introduction: Our back is of the most neglected parts of the body. For one reason that we can neither see it nor reach it fully with our hands. Neck is often the most neglected part of the body in terms of pigmentation, wrinkles and sagging skin. Ironically this is one area of the body that gives away the age instantly. This is because the skin here is much thinner and hence susceptible to damage.
- Acne break out.
- Post acne sequelae like scars and pigmentation.
- Boils and rash post waxing.
- Stretch marks especially after weight loss and workout.
- Excessive hair on the back.
- Excess fat bulges on sides and flank called love handles.
- Regular exfoliation, scrubbing and cleansing of the back skin removes the dead skin as well as oils, dirt and pollution. This keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Instead of using a soap liquid body wash or shower gel used with a loofah is advisable.
- In case of acne breakout or post waxing rash, consult a dermatologist.
- Sunscreen application in the morning in case wearing a backless dress.
- Moisturizing cream containing retinoic acid, lactic acid, urea as well as glycolic acid, all of which are exfoliating agents helps gentle peeling off of the skin of back while the new skin forms and regenerates.
- Oil massage: warm olive oil or any other vegetable oil, massaged prior to taking bath helps soothe the back muscles.
- Apply freshly cut garlic on acne scars or marks on back. They will lighten over a period of time.
- Powder of dried orange peels when made a paste with rosewater and applied on tanning on back, it lightens the tan.
- Tomato and fresh lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and can be used effectively to lighten scars and marks. Rub onto marks. and wash off in 20 minutes.
- Take two teaspoons of besan (gram flour) and ½ tsp of turmeric powder and mix this with milk cream to form a paste. Apply this generously on the dark and tanned back and neck for 10-12 minutes. Wash with warm water. The abrasive action of the flour will loosen and cleanse dead skin while turmeric acts as an antiseptic. The milk cream has a moisturizing and skin lightening effect.
- Apply a paste made of oatmeal, curd, almonds and fresh tomato juice on the affected region to lighten the skin.
- Cleanup for Back: The back-cleanup treatment consists of a thorough cleansing, exfoliation, steam, extraction and mask.
- Chemical peels: Salicylic acid peels for acne marks and TCA and Jessner’s peels for tanning and pigmentation is the most cost effective and result oriented treatment for skin of back.
- Helios Laser: is the most effective no downtime laser for marks, tanning and pigmentation on back
- Derma roller: along with a combination of a variety of peels is a good treatment for stretch marks.
- Laser hair removal: The latest diode lasers (Primelase laser is the best technology available in India for permanent hair reduction for males as well as females.
- Venus Legacy/ Exilis: These radiofrequency treatments help in tightening the sagging skin after extreme weight loss, pregnancy etc.
- Cooltech: Those stubborn fat pockets and love handles can be melted by a few sessions of Cryolipolysis called cooltech.